Sunday, November 30, 2008

How was your day, honey?

A bad day at work for me might involve a little extra deadline stress, an act of physical ineptitude involving a stapler and holes in my finger or a colleague going off message and off the planet. All retrievable situations and nothing that a stiff aperitif won't alleviate.



My white-collared brain reels at how bad this day was for two Qantas workers moving a couple of planes about. Stabbing the nose of one plane with the wing of another is surely as average a day as anyone doing that job has ever had. The moment it happened must have been an out of body experience for those in the cockpit, although I sense the bloke pictured wiping away tears of laughter wasn't one of them.

I've bumper-kissed the odd car when attempting to reverse park, and that's more than enough machine-on-machine action for me, but there's no bill attached to that clumsy work. This is going to cost Qantas millions, unless there is a Super Cheap Aero store somewhere that stocks 747 noses and wing repair kits.

The next performance review for those involved will undoubtedly be a sweaty-palmed affair.

No comments: